AARP Tax Aide
February 1 - April 12 2017
Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 9:00 am - 12:30 pm
Additional Information/Frequently Asked Questions
Questions answered here
- When is the tax help?
- What times are they at other sites?
- Do I need to be a senior citizen or AARP member to receive assistance?
- Does AARP Tax Aide file my return electronically (e-filing)?
- What kind of filings will Tax-Aide help with?
- Can I make an appointment?
- How early should I get there? Is there a line?
- What should I bring with me?
- Can I call and speak to a tax preparer?
- How can I get a copy of my return?
- Where can I get more information?
AARP will be here February 1 through April 12 on Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 9:00 am - 12:30 pm
You can search a list of sites here or call AARP at 888/227-7669
No. AARP Tax Aide is open to the general public with special emphasis on lower to moderate incomes and those over 60.
Tax-Aide volunteers are trained to assist with filing the 1040 Form and the more standard of the schedules (including Schedules A and B). Taxpayers with complex tax returns are advised to seek paid tax assistance.
No. Help is given on a first-come first-served basis.
The number of people waiting varies greatly from day to day and week to week. Library staff cannot predict or estimate the waiting time.
For a complete check list, see Important Documents to bring to Tax Aide
- Photo ID
- Copy of last year's tax return
- Social Security cards for yourself and all dependents
- All proof of income (W-2, 1099 forms, state or local tax refund, unemployment compensation)
- 1095 health insurance forms or proof of exemption
- All forms indicating federal/state income tax paid
- If itemizing deductions, bring all receipts or canceled checks for items such as medical expenses, taxes paid, mortgage interest paid, and charitable contributions
- Child care provider information (name, employer ID, SSN)
If you need to speak to one of the Tax-Aide volunteers for any reason you must come to the library when they are here. There is no phone in our meeting room.
Tax Aide submits a copy of all returns they file to the St. Petersburg IRS office. They have copies of current and previous year's filings. You can reach them at 727/568-2459
You can visit the
AARP Tax-Aide website or reach them by phone at
You can also visit the IRS website. They offer many resources including tax forms you can download and print out. The IRS can be contacted at 800/829-1040.