Children's Summer Reading Program 2017
Reading Incentive Programs
For Kids in Grades K - 5
Sign up at the Children's desk from Tuesday, June 6 to
Friday, June 30 to receive a bag with a reading log, stickers, activities and other goodies
to get you started!
Reading logs can be turned in until July 22 for books, prizes, and an
invitation to our End of Summer Reading Luau Party on July 29.
Reading with the Rays!
Stop by the Library for a game card & read your way to the ballpark!
June 12 - July 20
Full descriptions below
Ages 1-3 years
Ages 1-3 years
Weekly Themed Programs
Grades 2 - 5
2pm - 4pm
No registration required unless noted. Please call us at 813/749-1179 with any questions.
- Toddler Time (ages 1 - 3 years)
- Short stories, songs, and finger plays that focus on early literacy skills (Monday
& Tuesday programs are the same)
- Movie Mondays (all ages)
Join us weekly for a movie and freshly made popcorn!
- Summer Storytime (ages 3-6 years)
- Stories, games, a video, and a fun craft with a different theme each week
- Weekly Themed Program (Grades 2 - 5)
- Each week we will have a different themed program with games, activities, and a craft.
Giving Tree Drum Circle (2-3PM)
An exciting and interactive experience like no other - lets have fun making
lots of noise
June 22 Miniature Golf Its back! Take a shot at
scoring a hole-in-one in our custom-made mini golf course
June 29 LEGO spotlight
Use our LEGOs to make something that will go on display throughout the month of
July 6 Rock Painting Come in and paint a rock
for yourself...or hide it & let someone else find it
July 13 Perler
Get creative! Use our perler beads and patterns to create something spectacular
Create cupcakes that look and taste amazing!
**Must pre-register! Limited to 20 children
- Please call 813-749-1179 or stop by to register**
- Fun Fridays (all ages) - Drop in program
- LEGO Club - June 16 & 30, July 14
- Board Games - June 23, July 7 & 21