Online Resources and Databases
Please select how you would like to view the database list:
|Can't find something in our catalog? Try Florida Library Navigator
Navigator shows you items owned by libraries outside
of Pinellas County so you have access to even more materials.
Please search our catalog first before ordering items through Navigator!
Your library of choice on Navigator is PPLC (Pinellas Public Library Cooperative) and your username/password are your library card # and pin (same as you use to log in to our PALS catalog).
Please call 813-749-1181 with any questions.
Try Power Search as a starting point for research!
Database Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a database?
- A database is a collection of information organized for quick and easy searching. Our databases contain newspaper & magazine articles, encyclopedia entries, essays, even full-text books.
- How are the library's databases different from what I find with a search engine?
- Even though library databases are accessed through the Web, they are very different from typical web sites. Instead of searching out on the Internet, our databases search sources provided directly by reputable publishers.
- Do they cost anything to use?
- These databases have already been paid for through library funds so that we may provide them to you at no additional cost!
- Can I use these from my home/office computer?
- Many of our databases can be used remotely, though many require the use of an Oldsmar/Pinellas County library card number for access. If special sign-up is required it is noted in the database list.
- Can I use these from my smartphone?
- A few databases offer apps that make usage from a smartphone easier. Please check the databases page on our mobile website to see what's available.