We carry a great selection of new and classic books to help with the job search, resume & cover letter writing and interviewing. Most are shelved in the 650s.
Online Continuing Education
An online continuing education program with over 500 courses on topics ranging from lifestyle to test prep to office skills. You can view course offerings
You must first create an account with Universal Class to view course materials or take a class. You may do this in the library or from home with an OLDSMAR library card, please call us at 813-749-1181 if your card is from another Pinellas library. You must have a working e-mail account to register
- Career Source Pinellas (formerly WorkNet Pinellas)
- Provide access to computers, fax, telephone, & copy services for job seekers. Career education, training & development programs, resume & interview preparation, job listings, job banks & career fairs.
- Oldsmar Works
- Assists Oldsmar residents in finding jobs by providing an access point of local resources and programs, identifying training opportunities and tapping into resources to gain new skills. They also offer resume writing, proofing & printing. Visit their website to make an appointment.
- Florida Department of Economic Opportunity
- Unemployment compensation and workforce development
- Apply for unemployment assistance (also called reemployment assistance)
- Employ Florida
- Links all of Florida's state and local workforce services and resources. Has a searchable job bank as well as a resume creator.
- Career Builder
- Searches job sites, newspapers, associations and company career pages
- Listings of jobs in the Tampa area
- Listings of jobs in Oldsmar & the Tampa area
- Simply Hired.com
- Federal jobs
- People First
- Jobs with the State of Florida
- Pinellas County Job Listings
- City of Oldsmar Employment Opportunities - (Library job listings are included here)
- Career Cruising
- Provides career interest assessments and extensive career, education & financial aid information. Users who create an account can create a portfolio and build a resume.
- Career Transitions (Remote use requires library card #)
- Allows you to search for and track jobs, create targeted resumes and cover letters, practice and master interview techniques, explore and identify career paths according to your interests, experience and what's in demand, and find schools and education/training programs
- Learn to Earn
- St. Petersburg College's fast track courses to upgrade job skills, starting at $25
- Occupational Outlook Handbook
- Gives the training and education needed, earnings, expected job prospects, expected duties, and working conditions for hundreds of different careers.
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
- Tracks employment & other statistics for the entire U.S., and offers specific aids for both job seekers and students doing career exploration.
- AARP's Work & Jobs page
- Features a job search engine as well as tips and advice
- Encore Careers
- Dedicated to those starting or thinking about starting a second career that improves communities and the world
- Retired Brains
- For retirees and those about to retire who are looking to find jobs, volunteer opportunities, educational resources and retirement information.
- Retirement Jobs Online
- Offers instruction on how to utilize the internet for a job search as well as how to get started in an online career
- Provides information and resources helpful to experienced workers to find jobs and make career changes and advocates for the hiring of older or more experienced workers.