Oldsmar Public Library Book Donation Policy
Types of items that will be accepted as donations:
- Recent (within 2 years) hardcover fiction in good condition
- Recent (within 2 years) hardcover non-fiction on timely or popular topics (diets, cooking, political, biographies, bestsellers)
- Paperback fiction in very good condition
- Children's books in very good condition
- CDs and DVDs in good condition
- Some magazines, e.g. decorating, cooking, crafts, travel, National Geographic
- Puzzles in good condition and with all pieces
Materials must be in a plastic shopping bag with a limit of 2-3 bags
(NO BOXES OR PAPER BAGS)
A receipt may be obtained upon request at the time of donation.
Items NOT accepted:
- Weekly news magazines, investment magazines, magazines that are time sensitive
- Anything over 2 years old especially Adult Non-Fiction
- VHS tapes, audio cassettes
All donations become the property of the Oldsmar Library and may be disposed of at the discretion of the Library Director.
Items left outside the library will be immediately taken to the outside dumpster.
PLEASE DO NOT PLACE DONATIONS IN THE BOOK OR VIDEO RETURNS